Things You Should Never Do When Cleaning Your Floors
There are lots of ways to clean your floors effectively, but as with any cleaning jobs, there are a few black-and-white no-nos. We will explain six key things that everyone should avoid when the time comes to clean the floors.
- Don’t ever start with the floors: This one is just about logistics: When it’s time to clean your kitchen, don’t start with the floors. We suggest cleaning everything else first — wiping off the counters, scrubbing the stovetop, and finishing whatever else is on your list before you tackle floors. These tasks will likely cause crumbs and debris to fall to the floor, ultimately doubling your workload.
- Don’t skip the sweep: Your floors will be way easier to clean if you sweep or vacuum first. Use your broom or vacuum to get crumbs, pet hair, and dirt before you start with any sort of wet cleaning method. If you skip this step, you’re just going to make it harder to pick up any of this debris.
- Don’t use too much water: Overdoing it on the water is risky. According to a cleaning expert, over-soaking floors can result in warping, because excess water can seep around seals and boards. This rule applies to all floors, but it’s especially important with wood, laminate, or vinyl flooring.
- Don’t use harsh cleaners: Every floor type is different, so there’s not really a one-size-fits-all product that’ll safely and effectively work across the board. The key, though, is to avoid any floor cleaner that is not made for your floor type. For example, if a bottle doesn’t say it’s safe on hardwood, skip it and try something else. Always read the label of a store-bought cleaner before you use it. “Even natural DIY options like vinegar can strip or discolor the finish of certain materials,” says a professional cleaner. No matter what you’re using, “testing a small, inconspicuous area first can go a long way in avoiding cleaning disasters.”
- Don’t be careless around appliances: No matter what type of floor cleaner you use, keep it on the floor. Getting floor cleaner on the bottom part of stainless-steel refrigerators, ovens, and dishwashers can leave unsightly streaking and buildup.
- Don’t procrastinate: This is the tip you need to take to heart: It’s a whole lot easier to clean as you go than deal with big messes later. This is particularly critical for sticky spills, as dust and dander can get caught in them, making a mess that’s a lot harder to clean.
With Everybot Three Spin Robot Mop and let the robot mop effectively carry out your floor cleaning and mopping chores. This will relieve you of the stress involved while you utilize your time on other important chores. Taking advantage of the three-mopped cleaning bot will make you free from manual work and back aches. The bot will handle the stress of cleaning your home before and after a party or a get-together and won’t get emotional. I'm certain you'd love that!